CITIZEN continues 36-year official sponsorship tradition with the ISU Grand Prix Series* 2018 Skate Canada International
CITIZEN proudly announces its sponsorship of the 2018 Skate Canada International — the second event of the ISU Grand Prix Series running October 26 through October 28 in Laval, Canada. This marks CITIZEN’s 36th year as official sponsorship and support of the International Skating Union (ISU).
As the longest-running official sponsor of the ISU since 1982, CITIZEN regards the international competition as an important part of supporting athletes who compete at the highest level of sportsmanship. The 2018 Skate Canada International competition is the first of the CITIZEN-sponsored events of the 2018 -2019 calendar season. The international events continue with five CITIZEN-sponsored competitions, including the ISU Grand Prix of Figure skating which will be held at Vancouver, Canada, in December, and the ISU World Figure Skating Championships held at Saitama, Japan, in March 2019.
CITIZEN’s official corporate sponsor of the ISU competitions for the 2018-2019 season:
- ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating 2018 Skate Canada International
Date: October 26 - 28, 2018 (Laval, Canada)
- ISU Junior & Senior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2018-2019
Date: December 6 - 9, 2018 (Vancouver, Canada)
- ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2019
Date: January 21 - 27, 2019 (Minsk, Belarus)
- ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2019
Date: February 4 - 10, 2019 (Anaheim, USA)
- ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2019
Date: March 4 - 10, 2019 (Zagreb, Croatia)
- ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2019
Date: March 18 - 24, 2019 (Saitama, Japan)
* ISU Grand Prix Series is a series of international figure skating competitions that include six events held in USA, Canada, Finland, Japan, Russia and France (order remains the same as last season) as well as the Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final. Only the top six skaters and couples in each discipline can qualify for the final.
About CITIZEN WATCH
CITIZEN WATCH, marked its 100th anniversary in 2018, is a true manufacture d'horlogerie with a comprehensive manufacturing process that extends from creating a watch’s individual components to its final assembly. The company operates in more than 130 countries around the world. Since its founding in 1918, CITIZEN have held the belief of “Better Starts Now” — that is, no matter who you are and what you do, it is always possible to make something better, and now is the time to start doing it. Sharing this belief, we have made watches, invented and improved technologies and explored the future of watches such as our propriety light-powered Eco-Drive technologyand state-of-the-art satellite-synchronised timekeeping.